Part-time Proposal Specialist
The Proposal Specialist supports the business development team by creating proposals to bid on opportunities with customers. The individual will read the applicable study synopsis and protocol to identify the specifications of each clinical trial, and then translate that understanding into an accurate and complete budget and proposal that is responsive to the needs of the potential customer. The Proposal Specialist would also assist with follow-up documents and budgets, such as for Work Orders and Change Orders related to clinical trial projects.
- Work closely with the business development and/or project management teams to collect inputs and information needed for the RFP response.
- Analyze protocols and other study documents to determine how to correctly prepare the applicable budget and written proposal.
- Track document changes and notify teams of any gaps or delays that need attention.
- Proactively coordinate with appropriate team members and departments to ensure timely delivery of each proposal.
- Schedule document review meetings so that documents can be finalized and approved.
- Assist with related and follow-on documents to the proposals, such as Work Orders and Change Orders.
- B.S. or B.A., preferably in the life sciences or business/communications fields.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working either in the creation of sales proposals and budgets, or in the clinical trials field
- Experience in reading clinical, medical or scientific research protocols and/or proposals
- Excellent writing skills, including formatting skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Well-organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Can meet strict deadlines
This position is currently 15 to 20 hours a week with the potential of going full time in the future.
To apply: submit resume to email@example.com.